With sciebo users of other participating institutions (Remote Share, Federated Cloud Sharing)
- Login to the sciebo web interface.
- In the file directory, move the cursor over the file you want to share. New icons will appear in the corresponding row.
- Click on "Share" and enter the Federated Cloud Sharing ID (user-ID@email@example.com) of the person you want to share your file or folder with. You can see your own Federated Cloud Sharing ID in your personal settings.
- Click on the name to complete the sharing process.
- Afterwards you can decide in detail which rights you grant that person. By ticking the corresponding box, you can specify whether the person can share, update, delete or create files. You can change these rights at any time. We recommend to disable the sharing right ("can share") to remain control of your data.
- In case you want to share a file or folder with several persons, repeat this process for each one.
- Moving the curser over a file or folder, you will see a list of all persons having access to that file or folder. Here you can also administrate rights and revoke access granted to a person using the recycle bin icon.
- Advice for recipients: Login to the sciebo web interface. Now a dialogue box will appear, asking you to accept the shared file. Accept and refresh the webpage. Now the file should appear in your directory.